Effective Date: 1/29/2020
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your Account, request Services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, birth date, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, the type of Services and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect your precise location data. If you permit the Elysian Beauty to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“mobile platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of Services requested, date and time the Services were requested and provided, amount charged (including the amount of tip), and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call, SMS Data and Emails: Our Services facilitate communications between Clients and Beauty Service Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive communication data, including the date and time of the call, SMS message or email, the parties’ phone numbers or email addresses, and the content of the SMS message or emails.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Elysian Beauty app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Elysian Beauty account with a payment provider (e.g., Apple Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- Our Beauty Service Providers may provide us with a Client rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Professional, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Client.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Clients and Beauty Service Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Professional, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites and similar features;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Elysian Beauty and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, by providing appointment reminders, appointment date and time suggestions, recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Through our Services
We may share your information:
- With Beauty Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we may share your name, photo (if you provide one), average Client rating given by other Beauty Service Providers, location, history of Services;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate; and
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Elysian Beauty subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Elysian Beauty or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Elysian Beauty takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Platform or through our Platform, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). To be clear, Elysian Beauty does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Elysian Beauty or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Elysian Beauty Account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at [ ]. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms of Service, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Elysian Beauty will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Elysian Beauty does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.